A successful marriage requires
falling in love many times,
always with the same person.
falling in love many times,
always with the same person.
Baby Sean
April 23, 2004
To my Grandkids
A GRANDMOTHER'S PRAYER
Oh Lord, I do not ask for much,
Eternal beauty or youth or such:
Just give me a little hand to hold
And I'll forget that I'm growing old.
I do not ask for cloudless skies,
A life that's free from tears and sighs,
Just give me a little face to kiss
And anxious moments will turn to bliss.
For what is there, really, that means so much
As little hands that reach and touch,
As little eyes that search and see
Only the best in fragile me?
So let me grow more loving and wise
By looking at life through their wide eyes.
For through these little ones, Thou hast given
This grateful grandmother a glimpse of Heaven.
Emily Tipton
Oh Lord, I do not ask for much,
Eternal beauty or youth or such:
Just give me a little hand to hold
And I'll forget that I'm growing old.
I do not ask for cloudless skies,
A life that's free from tears and sighs,
Just give me a little face to kiss
And anxious moments will turn to bliss.
For what is there, really, that means so much
As little hands that reach and touch,
As little eyes that search and see
Only the best in fragile me?
So let me grow more loving and wise
By looking at life through their wide eyes.
For through these little ones, Thou hast given
This grateful grandmother a glimpse of Heaven.
Emily Tipton
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Family campout at Pineview
Camping is not my favorite outing...as all my kids will tell you. In fact they took turns bugging me and saying, "I hear you don't want to go camping with the family." Just wait until they are 66 and they find out that what goes around comes around! Anyway, my kids talked me into going for two nights and 2 1/2 days. I was not looking forward to sleeping outdoors and especially in a tent so we took our pop up trailer even though it has no connecting lights for the truck and a trailer that needed lots of work in order to actually pop up. You would think I did the work but I didn't, I just watched the guys work. They handily put up a tent for Cheryl and family and then the pop up trailer and it worked just fine. I was surpisingly very comfortable. It was great fun being with the family around the campfire and being in the boat was really a double treat. Garn and I even rode on "Super Mabel". Sean was nice enough to just give us the thrill ride and not throw us off into the Lake. Sean and Justin's family are very familiar with the lake and water sports so they gave us a great water skiing show and Super Mabel wars. All in all I give our trip an A+. As far as I know, no one got mad, got hurt or was even disgruntled. Well, maybe Jonathan got a little wee bit disgruntled. Way to go Chilcotes! I am so proud of you. Whoops, there goes that pride thing again. Anyway, I love all of you. Thanks for being such good sports and showing me that camping can be somewhat FUN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nice to have family close enough to be able to do these things together. You are blessed to have all those grandkids.
Mike
Mom - I am so glad that you went and had fun with us even though you don't like camping. It would not have been a Chilcote trip without you. I had a blast and I am sure this will be a highlight of my year.
Post a Comment