A successful marriage requires
falling in love many times,
always with the same person.
falling in love many times,
always with the same person.
Baby Sean
April 23, 2004
To my Grandkids
A GRANDMOTHER'S PRAYER
Oh Lord, I do not ask for much,
Eternal beauty or youth or such:
Just give me a little hand to hold
And I'll forget that I'm growing old.
I do not ask for cloudless skies,
A life that's free from tears and sighs,
Just give me a little face to kiss
And anxious moments will turn to bliss.
For what is there, really, that means so much
As little hands that reach and touch,
As little eyes that search and see
Only the best in fragile me?
So let me grow more loving and wise
By looking at life through their wide eyes.
For through these little ones, Thou hast given
This grateful grandmother a glimpse of Heaven.
Emily Tipton
Oh Lord, I do not ask for much,
Eternal beauty or youth or such:
Just give me a little hand to hold
And I'll forget that I'm growing old.
I do not ask for cloudless skies,
A life that's free from tears and sighs,
Just give me a little face to kiss
And anxious moments will turn to bliss.
For what is there, really, that means so much
As little hands that reach and touch,
As little eyes that search and see
Only the best in fragile me?
So let me grow more loving and wise
By looking at life through their wide eyes.
For through these little ones, Thou hast given
This grateful grandmother a glimpse of Heaven.
Emily Tipton
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Little Visitors
Livy has 3 weeks off track as she goes to year round school in Daybreak. She often asks to come and stay with us and now Abi has picked up on that request as well. It is so fun to have them come for sleepovers. We love spending time with any of our grandkids and love that they want to come. Livy and Abi love to swim so there first day was spent primarily in the swimming pool. They likes to go in the pool at least 3 x a day. This trip we only made 2 x but that was because they swam for so long that it all ran together. Abi is getting way to brave in the pool and definitley needs to take swimming lessons. We had a really big time scare when she jumped into the pool and went through her swim tube in the deep end of the pool. Garn and I were looking at the digital picture that I had taken to see if I had caught her kodak minute as she was twirling and jumping into the pool. I had missed it but had caught her hitting the water with a big splash. When I looked up Abi was under water and her tube was floating away. Livy was close by and reacted like a trained lifesaver. She grabbed Abi and took her to the side of the pool before Garn or I had time to jump in the pool. I would like to have Abi's picture under the water. Her eyes looked horrified. She kept her mouth closed and didn't even swallow any water. It scared her for for quite awhile as she sat soaking wet on my lap and clung tightly to me. She was through with the swimming pool - at least for that day. It goes to show how fast something can happen but Livy saved the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Get her water wings. Having something happen to my grandchild while in my car is a mortal fear I have.
Livy is a hero! That will be something Livy will always remember...and hopefully something Abigail will block out! Ha ha.
Dani
Yikes! The moment non of us want to have!
Post a Comment