A successful marriage requires
falling in love many times,
always with the same person.
falling in love many times,
always with the same person.
Baby Sean
April 23, 2004
To my Grandkids
A GRANDMOTHER'S PRAYER
Oh Lord, I do not ask for much,
Eternal beauty or youth or such:
Just give me a little hand to hold
And I'll forget that I'm growing old.
I do not ask for cloudless skies,
A life that's free from tears and sighs,
Just give me a little face to kiss
And anxious moments will turn to bliss.
For what is there, really, that means so much
As little hands that reach and touch,
As little eyes that search and see
Only the best in fragile me?
So let me grow more loving and wise
By looking at life through their wide eyes.
For through these little ones, Thou hast given
This grateful grandmother a glimpse of Heaven.
Emily Tipton
Oh Lord, I do not ask for much,
Eternal beauty or youth or such:
Just give me a little hand to hold
And I'll forget that I'm growing old.
I do not ask for cloudless skies,
A life that's free from tears and sighs,
Just give me a little face to kiss
And anxious moments will turn to bliss.
For what is there, really, that means so much
As little hands that reach and touch,
As little eyes that search and see
Only the best in fragile me?
So let me grow more loving and wise
By looking at life through their wide eyes.
For through these little ones, Thou hast given
This grateful grandmother a glimpse of Heaven.
Emily Tipton
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Shopping with Nathan
When I took Nathan to Barnes and Noble for his Birthday in August, I was worried that he would be bored with a gift from the bookstore. To my surprise he had the most interest of all of my grandchildren. He and I spent close to two hours browsing through the books. He has a great interest and talent for drawing futuristic characters as well as many of the latest popular space characters. He carefully looked at lots of books that had instructions for improving drawing techniques as well as examples for his drawing. He asked me, "how many books can I have". I told him it depended on the cost of the book. He chose a book for the amount we decided on and then bought a reading book with his own money. I had a really good time talking with him about his drawing and what plans he had for future drawing. It was more fun than I ever imagined I would have with a 13 year old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment